Dementia & Alzheimer's care
Dementia care & Alzheimer's care
Care in Midstream in Centurion is a newly built care centre offering top class enhanced Dementia care and Alzheimer’s care with regular daily activities & quality care, including 24/7 paramedic.
Care in Midstream’s Dementia and Alzheimer’s nursing home is specially designed and purpose-built to compensate for some of the physical and cognitive changes associated with the conditions. For example, coloured doorways help residents to identify their own rooms, a figure 8 corridor design to allow for safe, supervised wandering, features to assist residents who rely on visual cues rather than short term memory, consistent flooring in one colour to reduce confusion, seating that contrasts well with the floor to ensure safe transfers, an uncluttered and calm environment to improve safety and reduce confusion and many other specialised features.
A purpose-built dementia care facility can compensate for some of the perceptual, cognitive & emotional changes associated with dementia and Alzheimers and help to alleviate symptoms
All suites in Care in Midstream’s Memory Care home are private with safe en-suite bathrooms.
Care in Midstream offers accommodation on a rental basis.
In addition to monthly rental accommodation, we also provide short-term accommodation to offer respite for home caregivers or to provide for care when home-carers have a holiday or maintain their own health and well-being.
Our service emphasis is on excellence in holistic care. Our activity calendar ensures that our residents enjoy opportunities to engage socially and create new friendships.
Care in Midstream is located within a secure gated community, conveniently accessible for families living in the Centurion, Midrand, Sandton and Pretoria areas.
Midstream is an area that offers uniquely integrated medical care; the area is host to a new Mediclinic, Care@Midstream Sub-Acute Rehabilitation hospital and the practices of many highly regarded doctors and specialists.
Dementia & Alzheimer's care
Medical & Nursing Care
- 24/7 specialised nursing assistance
- 24/7 paramedic service
- Access to emergency nursing care day and night
- Weekly Doctors’ rounds
Personal Support & Social Activities
- Personal laundry service & housekeeping
- Access to pharmacy and pharmacy delivery service
- Regular Group Activities, including group occupational therapy, sessions with our social worker, spiritual counselling, arts and crafts, games etc
- Private, spacious, light and comfortable suites with en-suite bathrooms
- Private en-suite bathrooms are purpose-built with walk-in shower, hand-held shower heads, lever taps, scald protection and wheelchair-friendly doorways
- Smart TVs
- Ample storage
- Coffee and tea at refreshment stations throughout the facility
- Communal TV room, reading room and library
- Communal computer stations, with internet and Skype access
- Communal indoor areas for social engagement and relaxation
- Communal large landscaped outdoor areas, including play area for junior visitors